Eylea 40mg/ml Injection
- Eylea (aflibercept) is made from a human antibody fragment.
- It works by keeping new blood vessels from forming under the retina (a sensory membrane that lines the inside of the eye).
- In people with a certain type of eye disease, new blood vessels grow under the retina where they leak blood and fluid.
- This is known as the “wet form” of macular degeneration.
- Eylea is used to treat wet age-related macular degeneration.
- It is also used to treat swelling in the retina caused by a blockage in the blood vessels.
- Eylea is also used to treat diabetic retinopathy, an eye disorder in diabetics that can lead to a buildup of fluid in the retina and cause blindness.